To claim CME for WCE 2016, please email us at WCE2016@UrologyManagement.org.
SAUA Meeting Attendees: You will receive an email from MyCPD which will contain a link to your certificate in the next two weeks. If you have any questions or need your certificate urgently, please contact AneekahJ@discovery.co.za.
Minimally invasive urology is a continuously and rapidly evolving field. The World Congress of Endourology is a forum for the worldwide advancement of minimally invasive urologic surgery and provides focus for global leadership in urology. In order to remain current, a conference of this magnitude serves as a venue for providing the attendees with an extensive amount of information within this field, with the purpose of increasing knowledge and competence.
Course Learning Objectives
After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe recent developments in the medical management, non-invasive and minimally invasive surgical management of urologic diseases
- Integrate the latest guidelines on the management of urologic conditions into clinical practice
- Identify new technologies for the management of benign and malignant urologic conditions
- Incorporate new techniques into surgical practice for a variety of urologic problems
- Analyze outcome data and critically appraise medical and surgical options for the treatment of urologic conditions
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Urological Association (AUA) and the Endourological Society. The AUA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Urological Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 36.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AUA is not accredited to offer credit to participants who are not MDs or DOs. However, the AUA will issue documentation of participation that states that the activity was certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Evidence Based Content
It is the policy of the AUA to ensure that the content contained in this CME activity is valid, fair, balanced, scientifically rigorous, and free of commercial bias.
All persons in a position to control the content of an educational activity (i.e., activity planners, presenters, authors) are required to disclose to the provider any relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The AUA must determine if the individual's relationships may influence the educational content and resolve any conflicts of interest prior to the commencement of the educational activity. The intent of this disclosure is not to prevent individuals with relevant financial relationships from participating, but rather to provide learners information with which they can make their own judgments.
Resolution of Identified Conflict of Interest
All disclosures will be reviewed by the program/course directors or editors for identification of conflicts of interest. Peer reviewers, working with the program directors and/or editors, will document the mechanism(s) for management and resolution of the conflict of interest and final approval of the activity will be documented prior to implementation. Any of the mechanisms below can/will be used to resolve conflict of interest:
- Peer review for valid, evidence-based content of all materials associated with an educational activity by the course/program director, editor, and/or Education Content Review Committee or its subgroup.
- Limit content to evidence with no recommendations
- Introduction of a debate format with an unbiased moderator (point-counterpoint)
- Inclusion of moderated panel discussion
- Publication of a parallel or rebuttal article for an article that is felt to be biased
- Limit equipment representatives to providing logistics and operation support only in procedural demonstrations
- Divestiture of the relationship by faculty
Attendee Information & Policies
The opinions and recommendations expressed by faculty, authors and other experts whose input is included in this program are their own and do not necessarily represent the viewpoint of the Endourological Society.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images
Attendance at or participation at the Endourological Society meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to ES's use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the attendee's image or voice in photographs and electronic reproductions of such meetings and activities.
Audio, Video and Photographic Equipment
The use of audio, video and other photographic recording equipment by attendees is prohibited inside ES meeting rooms.
Reproduction of written materials developed for the World Congress of Endourology is prohibited without the written permission from individual authors and the Endourological Society.
Special Assistance/Dietary Needs
If any participant is in need of special assistance or has any dietary restrictions, please see the registration desk.
12 CPD points and 2 Ethics points for full attendance to the SAUA congress on the 8th and 9th November.